Wednesday, February 19, 2014
6 Quick Tips for Living a Positive Life TODAY
Gerd Altmann CC:
1) Change some of your passwords to a recent achievement or one of your best qualities.
For instance, I am an aspiring writer. I have used passwords like "best author eva" to keep belief in myself alive. If you are like me, you have to type a password in many times a day. What an awesome way to reiterate the good in you, or to create even more good.
2) Turn Negative thoughts into opportunities for positive thinking.
If a negative thought comes to mind about anything at all, gently remind yourself that you will not be thinking this way anymore. Try to come up with a positive spin on what you were just thinking about. You will notice that the negative thinking will diminish day after day.
3) Make a music playlist with upbeat music, or something with a positive message.
Recent popular examples are, Pharrell's "Happy" from Despicable Me 2 the movie, "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors, or "Brave" by Sara Bareilles.
4) Be aware of how well you are balancing different aspects of your life.
Make sure you are in control of the amount of stress in your life. Make time for yourself, and your loved ones, get enough exercise and eat right. Pursuing your dreams is noble, neglecting your health, and people who care about you is decidedly not.
5) Show goodwill towards others. Even those who do not appear to show the same love in return. Sometimes those people need you the most. If you are religious send a quick prayer to someone you can't seem to get along with. If you do not pray, you can imagine something great happening to them. I believe this can actually help you heal. This is a karmic action, and I am convinced that it is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
6) Remember to Smile. Even if you force it the first time, you can't help but smile more and more after that. Smiling is contagious, create a domino effect in others. You could turn someone else's day around, even if yours began on a challenging note.